Skip to content

Geranium psilostemon

July 20, 2011

  

Four weeks ago I lifted a large clump of G.psilostemon that had out-grown its space in the garden. It was also in the last throws of flowering so I felt less guilty about forking it out of the ground. I shook off as much soil as possible and gently teased the roots apart at the base and these I cut back to about 20cm. I reduced the top growth to about the same and placed each root on fresh compost in 9cm pots. I topped up each pot with more compost to cover the roots, watered them and placed the pots in a shady spot outside. I made 18 new plants from the original clump and five weeks later I have a tray of healthy plants in full leaf.

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: